City of Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Darkness

The city of Tokyo, Japan is more than meets the eye. Walking the streets along with the humans are demons, vampires, and several other creatures we've always been told don't exsist. By looking at them, you could never tell. You can only wonder.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maikeru Akami

Maikeru Akami

New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) Empty
PostSubject: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:40 pm

Maikeru drove along the street seeing his new home come into view, a small victorian styled house with three windows in the front with burgular bars attached, a garage and a wooden door. The grass was neatly trimmed and the Sold sign was shown boldly. Pulling up to the driveway he parked his rented moving van looking the place over and thinking of the fun that would ensue. Pushing a small button the bed of the truck slowly fell down. Getting out of the the van he removed the key and headed to the back to start unloading which wasn't much.

His new neighbors seemed to be away at the moment he'd arrived and he couldn't help but feel a little discourteous arriving without being able to go door to door and introduce himself.
Back to top Go down
Yuuki

Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:08 pm

Yuuki sat on her front porch, observing the unfamillier man.

'New person!'

She thought, her exitement showing on her lips as they turned upward into a grin. She watched him unload. She wanted to go help but had a sudden wave of shyness crashed over her. So instead she just remained sitting and watched.
Back to top Go down
Maikeru Akami

Maikeru Akami

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:22 pm

Walking up the ramp maikeru unloaded a desk only using one hand to put it into the house since wheels were attached to the bottom. In and out he went taking only a fex boxes which seemed to be loaded with some clothes and a few dishes, silverware and glasses. He wasn't very fascinating to the eye but he didn't complain about the work. Finally putting the ramp back into place he looked over and spotted yukki.

Not wanting to be rude he ran to the front of the truck and took out what seemed to be a strawberry cake and timidly started to walk over reaching the front porch. "Hi. I'm new to the neighborhood and I wanted to introduce myself. My name is maikeru akami." with a slight smile he bowed and stretched out his arms to give her the cake. "Sorry it's a tradition where I come from to give your neighbors food."
Back to top Go down
Yuuki

Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:37 pm

Yuuki gave an embarissed smile to the man offering her a cake. She suddenly felt bad for not helping him unload.

"Um..Thank you. Welcome to the burbs'."

She took the cake and sat it beside her on the porch.

"Nice to meet you, Maikeru. My name is Yuuki."

Yuuki stood up and offered her hand to Maikiru, a gesture for a handshake.
Back to top Go down
Maikeru Akami

Maikeru Akami

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:11 am

Maikeru shook her hand very calmly and with a sort of grip that was probably less excepting of a man, his hands were warm and the grip he gave was firm but polite. "It's a pleasure to meet you yuuki." he said very kindly his voice was rather deep and his accent was american a habit he never attempted to hide. "I apologize for not coming up to you earlier but I didn't know anybody was home, everybody's drive way was empty so I figure I'd arrived to early to greet anyone." he was so apologetic in his voice and even when he smiled it showed.
Back to top Go down
Yuuki

Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:58 pm

"It's fine. Im sorry I didn't help you unload."

She replied to him, giving short answers. She usually did so when she was nervous. Yuu has always loved nice strangers, but always got shy around them.
She smiled back at him as she enjoyed the mental warmth of the gaze.

"I get my permit next year so maybe you'll be able to tell when im home then."
Back to top Go down
Maikeru Akami

Maikeru Akami

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:06 pm

"Oh I am really not upset that you didn't help me unload, I don't ask for help because I like to work and enjoy myself. But may be when you get a car I can fix it, I am a mechanic after all." he replied with a friendly disposition. Even though there wasn't a rather large smile on maikeru's face his eyes seemed to say more then his expressions ever could.
Back to top Go down
Yuuki

Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:13 pm

"You can fix cars?"

Yuuki had her eye on a car for sale in the local newspaper, the problem was it's engine was apparently crap. She was debating on if she should get it or not but Maikeru's offer sparked the urge to get it. This guy wasn't like any of the other neighbors, wich was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Maikeru Akami

Maikeru Akami

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:19 pm

"I can and I do." he replied not in a mocking manner but rather in a friendly teasing manner without the gloating that most men would try to display. "I don't mind helping out a neighbor, I have parts in my garage for all kinds of cars both japanese and foreign."
Back to top Go down
Yuuki

Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:25 pm

"I'll bring it over sometime. Thanks a bunch, by the way."

Yuu said 'it' as in she was the new owner of the car. She was probably calling the previous owner sometime later that evening. She wondered how much she was going to pay him, since she had never delt with cars before.

'I guess i'll read up on it. He makes it sound like fun to fix cars, I would have never thought of it as 'fun' before.'
Back to top Go down
Maikeru Akami

Maikeru Akami

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:30 pm

"There is no need to thank me I would get lazy if I didn't pratice my craft and I would go hungry if I didn't work" he smiled at her looking at her head phones she wore and googles. He thought they were rather impressive and shiny but his owlish eyes returned to normal quickly. "I was wondering if you knew where I could find some books to read?" he asked curiously. "I have this whole library in my home and I want more material." the question was random and he hoped that he didn't scary yuuki.
Back to top Go down
Yuuki

Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:38 pm

"I have alot of books in my house if you want to take a look..It's sorta messy though, since ive been working hard. And theres a huge bookstore downtown. It's my favorate ive found so far."

Yuu rocked back and forth for a moment, wondering if he would wonder where her parents were. After all, not many 14 year olds lived by themselves.
Back to top Go down
Maikeru Akami

Maikeru Akami

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:46 pm

Maikeru thought for a moment with a puzzled expression that probably would have made most burst out loud with laughter. "Okay but only if I can trade you for something that you don't have." he replied taking out two books from his back pocket. "I keep these on me because they are first edition and I think that may be you will like them." he handed her two small books the first having scrawled on the cover and a picture of a gargoyle in detail with the words summonings on the front and the advanced world of alchemy on the second with a small man huddled in the feedle position. "I travel a lot and everything I have is from a different country."
Back to top Go down
Yuuki

Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:54 pm

Yuu's eyes glistened with exitement as she flipped though she pages of the small books, skimming them over rather quickly.

'I couldn't find books like these ANYWHERE... I wonder how he found them. Probably in the most obvious place to look.. Your not good with serching for things, Yuu.'

"These look..interesting."
She said, keeping her excitement hidden.
"If you let me keep these for a little while, you can keep any of my books for however long you want."
Back to top Go down
Maikeru Akami

Maikeru Akami

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:02 pm

"I can tell your excited." he replied chuckling at her demeanor and how calm she seemed to be even though these were rare. "Well you can keep them. I can't use them anyway I don't do any of the things in there. I have more books like them if you want and I have read them all." he said looking at her with a very gentle gaze.
Back to top Go down
Yuuki

Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:10 pm

Yuu stuck the books into her coat pocket, planning on reading them before she goes to sleep tonight.

"I could show you a little bit on how to preform alchemy later.. If you want me to."

She didn't specifically say that she knew how to do it incase he was one of those people who would accuse her of using 'black magic'.
Back to top Go down
Maikeru Akami

Maikeru Akami

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:19 pm

"Thank you but no thank you." he replied in a voice that seemed to close to a whisper and more tmid then usual. "I don't feel comfortable in people's homes and besides those books are for your education and yours to keep." maikeru didn't let up and he wasn't judgemental that yuuki knew alchemy if anything he seemed more happy for her then anything.
Back to top Go down
Yuuki

Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:27 pm

Yuuki smiled, but in her mind wished she kept what she said about showing him alchemy to herself. She trusted people too much, but she was sure he was an okay guy.

"Ive read them all. You have no idea how much spare time I have whem im alone, but if you don't want to borrow them the offer is still up later if you change your mind."
Back to top Go down
Maikeru Akami

Maikeru Akami

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:34 pm

From her comment maikeru felt he had something wrong and should have been a bit more open to her and what she wanted him to learn. "Well I would love to watch you try something with alchemy, it's like a magic show." he said smiling at her. "You know your rather brave even though your so...what's the right term. I guess it's petite."
Back to top Go down
Yuuki

Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:41 pm

OoC: Sorry if im confusing things you say. xD It's VERY late here.

Yuuki chuckled at the word 'petite', she knew she was small but she always thought she was big on the inside.

"I like attention, I guess. And im only brave when I try to get it."
Back to top Go down
Maikeru Akami

Maikeru Akami

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:46 pm

((OOC: It is late hear also but don't feel bad you would be suprised how many times I have misread something. One time I thought this post said kitty kat and turned out to be kit kat.))

"I'm not much for attention." he replied looking at how he was dressed and then comparing it to how yuuki was. He wasn't very fascinating and that made him frown for a moment. "Well then your a brave little trooper." maikeru smiled looking at the strawberry cake he'd given as if he had forgotten something at the last minute.
Back to top Go down
Yuuki

Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:55 pm

OoC: LOL. That made me smile. :]

"I never got it much when I was young. So I guess that's what made me crazy for the attention of older people."

Yuuki wanted to hug Maikeru, he was almost exactly like she would imagine her older brother- if she even has one- to be like. She always wanted an older sibling that she could look up to, but her older sister turned out to become a money-hungry whore. Yuu thought about inviting him in for cake, but remembered he wasn't comfortable in other people's houses.
Back to top Go down
Maikeru Akami

Maikeru Akami

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:30 pm

((OOC: Well I'm glad that my jokes and life experiences are good somewhere, I have actually thought about becoming a comedian but you have to insult a lot of people and I don't think I have the heart. Plus there are so many things to think from politics, to music, to sex, and even to random things like global warming.))

"I'm not that old." he replied touching his face a bit lightly thinking he must look very elderly or like he was older then what he really could be. "I'm only 18."
Back to top Go down
Yuuki

Yuuki

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:25 am

OoC: Omg, you would be the best comedian ever. You wouldn't have to insult ALOT of people. And, since you would be a comedian, everyone would know you were joking. I would SO come to your first show. :]

"I-I didn't mean you were old...Just, ya know? Older than me."

Yuu frowned, not meaning to insult Maikeru.
Back to top Go down
Maikeru Akami

Maikeru Akami

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:58 am

((OOC: I like the comedian jeff dunham he has all these crazy ventriliqouist puppets he uses for his acts and has a new pilot for comedy central that will start coming on every thursday. I think it will be a great show.))

"I know I was just messing with you." he replied very nicely looking at the moving van and feeling like he was forgetting something. "YOu know I feel like I'm forgetting something but I can't put my finger on it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))   New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New To The Neighborhood ((Open To All))
Page 1 of 1